When the sketchbook arrived, I studied it and tried to figure out a way to replace the paper with watercolor paper. I figured out something, though I'm not sure how durable it will end up being. Here's the first sketch, of an actual sign found on the walls all over Suchitoto, El Salvador. It's translated: In this house, we want a life free of violence against women."
- All have to have some writing or symbols
- All writing or symbols have to be on or attached to a wall (well, maybe one won't)
- I have been to the place depicted and have personally seen the writing or symbols, so the writing or symbols and general locations actually exist, though liberties may be taken with the composition and sketches may be composites
- Sketches will use only watercolor and ink
- I won't worry about an overall message, I'll just try to get it done
- I'll have fun!