We've had some much cooler weather this past week, and some days have been pretty windy but the sun is still shining! We've made some progress on getting our double-paned windows ready to install, and nearly all the frames are now stained and ready. At the cabin, the wildflowers are rioting, the creek is rushing by, and we've gotten the first bank of upper cabinets installed and the convection/microwave wrestled into place. In the midst of all that, I've done a few small projects to post here.
The travertine tiles are destined to become coasters, and I'll need to give them a finish and a backing. This particular travertine was full of little holes, which was something of a challenge, yet offered something to work the designs around. I think I'll redefine a couple of these before finishing them, to brighten them up.
I also want to post this watercolor that I'm in the middle of, to motivate myself to work on it some more. I'm fearful that I'll mess up the next part, plus I have to get everything out and create a new mess in the kitchen where I paint, so I've been reluctant to get started. By putting it up on the blog, I'm hoping to hold myself accountable : )